Explore and apply felony standards through sensible, engaging and real-life instances studies
Law for Business Students is the famous textbook for introducing legal principles to non-regulation college students in a realistic, attractive way thru actual-lifestyles instances relevant to the commercial enterprise global. A clear explanation of the take a look at of regulation and have a look at capabilities leads into the main center topics of regulation: agreement (inclusive of intellectual belongings), tort, employment and enterprise organizations (which includes formation), governance and dissolution. The book includes various features to aid expertise, making use of and analysing prison principles:
- Scenario – to encourage improvement of evaluations and application of relevant prison principles.
- Worth considering – discussion factors to examine inside the school room.
- Exam pointers – pointing to regions of the law which can be ripe for questions in an exam, to help revision exercise.
- Chapter summaries – to reinforce learning of key principles.
- Key terms – highlighted in margin notes.
- Review questions with answers – self-take a look at questions and labored examination examples to consolidate know-how, encouraging students to use the regulation and improve self belief.
- Advanced questions – to challenge students in growing understanding of the regulation.
Pearson, the sector’s getting to know employer.
New to this edition:
- Restructured insurance of negligence, with devoted chapters overlaying negligence and special duty situations and product legal responsibility
- Fundamental felony concepts and realistic software of the regulation relating to the enterprise environment
New ‘Review Questions’ section on the give up of each bankruptcy to encourage college students to expand a deeper understanding of legal application
Table of Contents
Table of statutory gadgets
Table of European International rules
Part 1: Introduction: getting started
Part 2: Law of settlement, employer and sale of goods
5 The law of settlement: Offer and attractiveness
6 The regulation of agreement: Consideration, aim and privity
7 The terms of the settlement at common law
eight Statutory terms in contracts for sale of products and services
nine Defects in the settlement: Misrepresentation, mistake, duress and undue influence
10 The outcomes of illegality and disability: Illegality and incapacity
11 Discharge of the agreement and treatments for breach
14 Negligence and unique responsibility situations
sixteen Occupiers’ liability, nuisance and vicarious liability
Part four: Elements of employment law
17 Rights at work: The agreement of employment and health and safety at paintings
18 Rights at work: Protection towards discrimination in employment
19 Rights at work:Protection towards termination of employment by wrongful and unfair dismissal along with redundancy
Part 5: Introduction to company regulation
21 Forming a registered organisation
22 Running the business enterprise: Raising and maintaining capital
23 The control and governance of organizations: Functions of administrators, secretary and auditors
24 Company meetings, shareholder participation and minority protection
Part 6: General standards of highbrow property regulation
25 Statutory highbrow assets protection: Copyright, designs, patents and exchange marks
26 Common regulation safety of intellectual belongings: Passing off, malicious falsehood and breach of self belief
Appendix 1: Additional sources
Appendix 2: Worth considering? and Review questions – outline answers
Show order facts for
Pearson gives special pricing when you package deal your text with different pupil assets.If you are interested in creating a cost-saving package on your students, touch yourPearson rep.PaperDigitalKits now