The Center for Professional Success (CPS) offers programs, learning studies and activities that supplement lecture room mastering. Business college students have access to exclusive help and assets via the center to make certain they define and gain their professional goals before and after commencement. Alumni and the enterprise community help further build students’ professionalism and careers through participation in various networking occasions and opportunities.
The middle’s school and body of workers train, instruct and join college students as they pursue significant careers at some stage in and after their time at Florida State University. Our imaginative and prescient is to equip enterprise students to end up lifelong rookies, who effectively manage their careers and achieve their desires.Our Partner
The Center for Professional Success seeks to connect students to the sizable resources at FSU and the College of Business that facilitate college students’ instructional and expert fulfillment. We paintings carefully with the following partner to expand course content and supplemental workshops, and to make individualized referrals that connect students to campus assets.FSU Career Center
The FSU Career Center is Florida State University’s centralized profession and employment services unit, serving all FSU undergraduates, graduate students and alumni. The FSU Career Center offers complete career services at every stage of the profession search such as ideation and making plans, resume writing, the process seek manner, interviewing and among others. The CPS staff works carefully with the FSU Career Center’s College of Business liaisons to assist college students make the maximum of the middle’s know-how and available offerings.Contact Us
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
222 RBBCenter for Professional Success FacultySarah WithersDirector, Professional Development Program and Associate Director, Center for Professional SuccessPatricia ShubrickAssociate Lecturer and AdvisorInstruction and Professional Development CoachingINSTRUCTION
GEB 1030: Introduction to Professional Development for Business Careers
GEB 1030 is a one-credit score hour, letter-graded path that introduces college students to critical topics in expert improvement, which include self-assessment: career/life planning, networking, expert conversation, war decision, stress management, place of job etiquette and others. This direction is needed for all undergraduate students pursuing a main within the College of Business at FSU; it should be finished by way of the cease of the pupil’s fifth semester. See a pattern syllabus for GEB 1030.COACHING
The Center for Professional Success offers individualized advising offerings to College of Business college students at any stage of their expert adventure. The center makes use of a education version this is movement-oriented, student-led and co-creative. Our advising classes emphasize accountability and follow via. Some not unusual topics of dialogue consist of:
- What have to I do with my existence?
- How do I find a task I like?
- How do I make expert contacts?
- ow can I make myself attractive to destiny employers?
- What sources exist at Florida State and the College of Business to help me be successful professionally?
If you are a College of Business pupil and would like to speak with a team of workers member in the center approximately your professional dreams, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to agenda an appointment.
To permit us to satisfactory prepare to your advising appointment, please take a moment to complete this short survey about your educational and professional pastimes.WORKSHOPS
Level Up Series
Take your expert improvement to the next level via carrying out conversation with our expert improvement advisors, employers and guest audio system who will help you refine your smooth abilties and discover your competitive area!
Sept. 9 – Level Up Professional Development WorkshopInternships
Virtual Internship Information For Students Student Internship Benefits
- Combine information won inside the lecture room with realistic competencies used inside the body of workers
- Obtain skills and knowledge that switch throughout the enterprise to different employment settings
- Reach genuinely defined dreams and targets that relate your professional development
- Supervision and remarks by using a professional with understanding in the subject of enjoy
- Explore whether or now not your selected career course satisfies your precise wishes, expectancies and goals
- Provide possibility to use interpersonal/communique abilties and learn greater about yourself in a piece putting
- Possess a brand new experience of motivation and adulthood relative on your instructional research upon returning to highschool
- Develop a community of expert contacts that includes each organisation, group of workers and other interns
How to Find an Internship
The Internship Program’s office sends College of Business students an digital e-newsletter each Tuesday with new internship opportunities and different crucial career-related facts. Make sure this statistics isn’t always going in your spam/muddle folder and be sure to review carefully. If you are a business foremost, however have now not acquired the e-newsletter, please email email@example.com. We will verify your fame and upload you to the distribution list. New opportunities are published within the newsletter and at the internship bulletin board outdoor our office (RBB 329) every week.
The COB Job Board will can help you seek a growing list of internships, component time jobs, and full-time possibilities.
SeminoleLink powered by Handshake is the Career Center’s online machine that you may use to make a long-lasting influence, gain revel in, and conquer your future! Every FSU pupil has a SeminoleLink account. All you must do is log into your account, make any essential updates, and begin your seek.Identifying & Reporting Fraudulent Opportunities
The College of Business makes no advice concerning employers and makes every effort to sell legitimate activity opportunities. While the College works diligently to reveal jobs, sometimes postings can also occur that are fraudulent. Use intense caution in case you see something that looks suspicious.
Here are a few good pointers to identify a process that might be a scam:
- You need to deliver your credit card or financial institution account numbers, or copies of personal documents – but you get not anything in writing.
- You have to send payment by using twine service or courier.
- You are offered a huge payment or praise in change for permitting the usage of your financial institution account – often for depositing tests or transferring cash.
- You receive an suddenly massive test.
If you view a process posting on one among our systems that matches these traits, please touch the Internships & Career Services Office at 850-644-8295 or internships@commercial enterprise.fsu.edu.Additional Resources for Your Internship Search
Links will open in a new browser tab or window. Links are supplied for informational functions and do no longer necessarily constitute an endorsement of any of the goods, services or opinions of the business enterprise or company or person. Contact the outside website for answers to questions regarding its content.
Internship & Job Search Engines
- FSU Career Center – Landing a part-time activity
- Monster Jobs – Internships, jobs, scholarships, career recommendation, other information
- Intern Web – Search engine for internships
- The Idealist – Search engine for internships
- The Washington Center Internships – Government, private-sector and non-earnings Internships in DC
Career Tools and Resources
- CNN Money – 100 Best Companies to work for
- Hoovers – Newsgroups for your career vicinity and statistics on agencies
- Guide Star – Database of nonprofit companies
International Internships & Jobs
- FSU International Programs Internship
Internship Guidelines and Requirements
The Florida State College of Business Internship Program is designed for college kids who are registered for an internship path and have paid the applicable lessons. Eligible students might be capable of join within the internship route after effectively acquiring an internship and finishing the internship utility procedure. Credit will NOT take delivery of for beyond internships (college students must take the internship route concurrently with the internship). Students are eligible for up to a few (three) credit hours toward their diploma or their principal as noted in the chart beneath. International internships are eligible for up to 6 (6) credit hours. Internship courses cannot be repeated. The only exception is GEB 4941. This is a variable credit score hour direction that may be taken for up to 6 credit score hours.